Estim. Prep & Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 2 eggs
- A few spoonfuls of Sasya Eggplant Spread
- 2 pieces of pita bread
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1/4 large tomato
- Optional: crushed red pepper (just enough to sprinkle on top)
- Optional: 1 tsp of olive oil or spray
- Heat oven to a broil. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place it in the oven while it’s heating.
- Place pitas on a cutting board. Smear a layer of eggplant spread over each.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over both pitas.
- Arrange a handful of spinach on each pita in a wreath-shape, leaving a small hole about 1-2 inches in diameter in the center for each egg.
- Dice tomato, and evenly place over the spinach.
- Spritzed olive oil lightly on top at this point. Not necessary, but it helps the spinach wilt more.
- Once oven is heated, remove baking sheet, and transfer pitas from the cutting board to the baking sheet.
- Press down on the center of each pita with a spoon to create a slight well for the egg. Crack an egg into each, and season as desired.
- Broil for 7-8 minutes – until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still runny.
- Remove pitas from the oven, cut each into 4 yolky slices, take pictures of your creation