Recipe and Photos © Sasya
Estim. Prep & Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 1/2 lb whole grain pasta
- 3 tbsp of of Sasya Cilantro Spread
- 1/4 lb broccoli
- 1/4 lb white mushroom, chopped
- 4 green pepper of choice
- 1 tsp of mustard seeds
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- Optional: shredded cheese (just enough to sprinkle on top)
- Optional: chopped chives or dill (for garnish)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place the whole grain pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until pasta strands are almost tender, about 4 minutes and drain. Drain and transfer to a large pot.
- Slice the green pepper in to a bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook mustard seeds and cumin seeds, stirring often, until the seeds start to sizzle and pop. Sprinkle in the sliced pepper and stir occasionally.
- Saute the red onion slices until they are tender
- Add the chopped mushrooms and broccoli florets, cook until they are tender
- Add Sasya Cilantro Spread to the mixture and let it simmer for 1 min.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooked pasta and the mushroom-cilantro mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with chives or dill to serve.